Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Snap, snapity, snapiness

I find that in the workplace its nice to pull back from your desk and pause. Pause and have that moment of still, a chance to stretch and close your eyes....reset from the dual monitor stare down. Unfortunately there are those in this world that see the aisles and cubes of the corporate world as their own personal area with which they may do as they please. And by that I mean, snap your fingers, sneeze loud enough to wake the rotting corpses of a far off cemetery, or clip thy finger nails. Don't get me wrong, a mani/pedi can be relaxing and well groomed nails are always a good idea, but it should never be done in the company of others. GO TO THE BATHROOM. GO OUTSIDE. GO HOME. These are your options for grooming yourself. What next? Trim pubes in the cafeteria?

The nervous habits of the overactive, under-stimulated folk come out in the workplace quite often. Tapping on the desk, bouncing the legs, humming, clicking a pen...but snapping your fingers? All the time? Really? Join a swing band fucko. Snap yourself silly.

I keep waiting to get up to grab some water and see brains and skull bits from the bombastic sneezer guy down the way. Its nasal evacuation on the herculean level. I think I shot out of my seat the first time it happened. I just want to know if its necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment